Every once in a while you run into a person whose record and reputation are so amazing you’re a bit skeptical until you meet them face-to-face.
You think to yourself is this person really as advertised?
In today’s episode, I interview one such individual and as you’ll hear, indeed he is as advertised.
Today, my guest is Philip Tavill President & CEO of Children First.
Phillip will share with us…
- How his physician father made an incredible impact on his career choice.
- Why he continues to lead Children First even after 26 years at the helm.
- A story of redemption and success from a tragic and hopeless situation.
- Why it’s critical for infants and toddlers to have a nurturing environment.
- How men of all ages are being trained to be better fathers and husbands.
- How you can connect with Children First to help carry on their legacy.
… and much much more!
Thank you for stopping by and please remember to Listen… Learn… and Connect!
About Philip Tavill
Philip Tavill has been President & CEO of Children First, Sarasota County’s exclusive Head Start provider, since 1996. This year is his 26th Anniversary at the helm of this wonderful agency we founded 60 years ago.
Philip holds a B.A. in psychology from the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee and has dual master’s degrees from Case Western Reserve University in Nonprofit Management and Social Work. He has worked in the human services field both in direct service and management capacities.
Prior to his work with Children First, Philip served as the Executive Director of the Loveland Center.
In 2021, he was honored by Sarasota Magazine as a Unity Award winner and most recently by the Sarasota Branch of the NAACP with the President’s Award. Both of these honors are in recognition of his years of service to the betterment of our community and to the impact he has made in the lives of thousands of children and families.