With many consumers in the US looking for healthier alternatives to alcohol and sodas a local businessman is doing his part to fill that need with locally brewed Kombucha.
Kombucha is a fermented tea. In fact it has been around for centuries in Asia but is now growing fast in the U.S. and now Sarasota has its very own version.
Interestingly, it does appear to have health benefits. It contains probiotics for digestion and may improve immunity with a fraction of the sugar in sodas.
However, the greatest benefit is it really just tastes really great.
Today my guest is Kombucha Brew Master, Rob Manley of Boombacha Kombucha (say that 3 times in a row!).
Rob has a degree in marine biology but always enjoyed cooking. Eight years ago he began experimenting with all things fermentation. Two years ago Rob started Boombacha Kombucha and has never looked back.
In today’s episode, you’ll learn…
- What Kombucha is and where his idea came from to produce it locally.
- The health benefits of drinking Boombacha Kombucha.
- What are the greatest constraints on Rob’s expanding his business.
- Where Rob is working to take his budding kombucha business.
- Locations where you can find Boombacha Kombucha.
… and much, much, more!
Thank you for stopping by today and remember to Listen … Learn … and Connect!