Not every child who attends school fits within the traditional school model. (I’ve often thought I didn’t and that was many years ago!) In today’s episode, you’ll hear about an innovative charter school – led by one of the most enthusiastic people you’ll ever meet – that virtually customizes and certainly personalizes the educational experience for both students and parents.
I’m very pleased to welcome today, Dr. Sherika Evans – Headmaster- of Suncoast School for Innovative Studies where their philosophy is: Every Student. Every Family. Every Day.
You’ll hear Dr. Evans share …
- One thing most people don’t know her
- What a charter school is and why Sarasota County got behind the effort to open 3 of them
- How Suncoast School is different from public schools
- The innovative mentor model they use to connect children and parents at a deeper level
- How growing up poor in Mississippi motivated Dr. Evans to get her doctorate in education
… and much much more!
Thank you for stopping by today. It is my hope that you will listen … learn … and connect!